Eating out on a diet can be especially difficult because you can’t plan for what is on the menu. Here are so tips that will make eating out easier.
- Try not to order fried to saute foods which is loaded in fat.
- At fast food restaurants order small fries instead of medium. Reducing quantity will reduce your temptation.
- Avoid alcohol which is loaded with sugar and calories. Drink tea or diet soda.
- Divide your restaurant portions in half or place one third on the side and take it to go for lunch the next day.
- When served bread and butter at a restaurant, skip it and have soup instead which will fill you up and has less calories.
- Ask for salad dressing to be placed on the side so you can control the portions.
- Ordered steamed or baked items which will reduce fat from oil.
- Fish makes a great meal, try steamed salmon with a side of vegetables.
- Order an appetizer instead of an entree which will reduce your serving size and is often filling on its on.
- Remember to enjoy yourself, just because your on a diet, doesn’t mean you need to end your social life. So go out here and enjoy even if it means you didn’t stick to your diet for one evening.
Beware of social sabotage. Some of you friends or family may not as supportive as you think they will be. Prepare yourself to hear things like why are you bothering to diet again. Though many of your friends or family will be supportive there is always a black sheep that will make you feel like a failure. Push their opinions to the side and remember that you losing weight for yourself and not to please anyone else.